Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby and me are exercising

So I am 38 years old, having a baby and overweight. Almost immediately after finding out I was pregnant, I started to get concerned about my weight-- like most women. During the first trimester, I started having difficulty walking and found I got winded fairly easily. I just knew I was going to have this baby early. So about a month and a half ago I started swimming four to five times a week.

Let me tell you, it's the most peaceful and gratifying thing. Being in the water is so freeing, until another swimmer passes by and splashes you as you try to float on your back. You feel weightless and baby must like it, too, because you never feel him/her moving. Yeah, by the way, I have no idea what I'm carrying. I want it to be a surprise. We'll talk about that another time.

But, yeah, I feel good going to the pool everyday. I usually go in the morning after I take my son to his bus stop and on my way to work.

My midwife and doctor are happy. They say I've only gained a couple of pounds so far. Good because I do not want to be obese.

They say swimming is like one of the best exercises. It doesn't put any stress on your body. You're working your leg muscles and your arm muscles.

I love it! I just haven't quite figure out how I'm going to keep it up once the baby gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment